- Be registered full-time in the Sociology (MA) program
- Have and maintain a minimum CGPA of 7.0 (B+ or 75%)
- Start the program in the fall term (this is necessary due to CO-OP placement cycles)
- Pay the required CO-OP fees (see below).
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- [List to come]
Examples of tasks at work
- Analyzing complex social, economic and political issues
- Conducting interviews, analyzing them and summarizing the results
- Designing, carrying out and conducting statistical analysis of surveys
- Drafting policies
- Interpreting study results
- Writing reports on both qualitative and quantitative research
How to apply
Apply to CO-OP after you've started your studies at uOttawa. You must have an admission average of 75% (B+) or higher.
Steps to follow in order to apply from the University via uoZone:
- From the Applications menu, click on CO-OP Navigator
Application Deadline: September 30 of your first year of studies