- Be registered full-time in the Sociology (MA) program
- Have and maintain a minimum CGPA of 7.0 (B+ or 75%)
- Pay the required CO-OP fees (see below).
- Start the program in the fall term (this is necessary due to CO-OP placement cycles)
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- Canadian Teachers' Federation
- Employment and Social Development Canada
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Library and Archives Canada
- Natural Resources Canada
- Office of the Auditor General of Canada
Examples of tasks at work
- Analyzing complex social, economic and political issues
- Conducting interviews, analyzing them and summarizing the results
- Designing, carrying out and conducting statistical analysis of surveys
- Drafting policies
- Interpreting study results
- Writing reports on both qualitative and quantitative research
Work term reports guidelines
You must submit your work term report through the CO-OP Navigator. The “Work Term Report” link can be found next to your work term, under the “My Evaluations” tab. The system will allow you to change or submit your report right up until the deadline for submission, and professors will be able to submit their comments and attach a corrected copy of your report online as well.
You must include a cover letter or letter of transmittal along with your CO-OP work-term report in one PDF file.
For confidential Work-Term Reports, please make sure to submit your cover letter or letter of transmittal through the CO-OP Navigator by the deadline for submission.