Political Science and Communication
- Be registered full-time in the joint honours Political Science and Communication program
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an international student (authorization or diplomat)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 6
- Have completed all course requirements up to and including the fall term of second year
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
|4||Work 3||Study||Work 4|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Global Affairs Canada
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- Privy Council Office
- Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Statistics Canada
- Treasury Board of Canada
- University of Ottawa
Examples of tasks at work
- Analyzing media coverage
- Designing, realizing and implementing communication and public relations campaigns
- Designing promotional materials for the media and the public
- Designing public opinion surveys
- Designing web pages
- Drafting articles and backgrounders
- Organizing conferences and special events
- Research reports
- Speechwriting and drafting correspondence
- Strategic research
- Writing strategic communication plans
Work term reports guidelines
You must submit your work term report through the CO-OP Navigator. The “Work Term Report” link can be found next to your work term, under the “My Evaluations” tab. The system will allow you to change or submit your report right up until the deadline for submission, and professors will be able to submit their comments and attach a corrected copy of your report online as well.
You must include a cover letter or letter of transmittal along with your CO-OP work-term report in one PDF file.
For confidential Work-Term Reports, please make sure to submit your cover letter or letter of transmittal through the CO-OP Navigator by the deadline for submission.