Mathematics and Statistics, Concentration in Statistics (MSC)
- Be registered full-time in the Master of Mathematics and Statistics, Concentration in Statistics
- Have an admission average of (B+ or 75%) and maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 7.0 (B+ or 75%) in courses taken at the University of Ottawa
- Pay the required CO-OP fees (see below).
- Start the program in the fall term (this is necessary due to CO-OP placement cycles)
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- [List to come]
Examples of tasks at work
- Clean data
- Do the necessary coding
- Follow up with the client
- Give presentations on the project and explain a statistical analysis to a team with no expertise in statistics
- Perform the analysis necessary to solve a problem
- State a problem jointly with the supervisor and possibly supervise a team
Work term reports guidelines
- To come
- Professor: Gilles Lamothe