Mathematics and Statistics, Concentration in Mathematics (MSC)
- Be registered full-time in the Master of Mathematics and Statistics program, with a Concentration in Mathematics
- Have an admission average of (B+ or 75%) and maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 7.0 (B+ or 75%) in courses taken at the University of Ottawa
- Pay the required CO-OP fees (see below).
- Start the program in the fall term (this is necessary due to CO-OP placement cycles)
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- [List to come]
Examples of tasks at work
- Design, jointly with the supervisor or possibly as the team supervisor, a mathematical model that can predict the data
- Follow up with the client
- Give presentations on the project and explain the results predicted by the mathematical model to a team of non-experts in mathematics
- Implement the model and write the necessary coding
- Perform the analyses necessary to implement the mathematical model
- Present data in a concise and/or graphical way
Work term reports guidelines
- To come
- Professor: Gilles Lamothe