- Be registered full-time in the Honours Bachelor of Commerce (Option in International Management) program
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 6 in courses taken at the University of Ottawa
- Have completed all your first-year course requirements, and be registered in your mandatory second-year fall and winter courses according to the program’s course sequence
Students who do not follow the course sequence due to equivalencies granted at the time of admission must communicate with the Undergraduate Office of the Telfer School as soon as possible, and no later than the end of their first study term, to discuss their eligibility with an Academic Advisor.
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - by default, all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
|4||Work 3||Study||Work 4|
Sequence 2 - available to students hired for 12-month terms with the same company
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
|3||Study||Work 2||Work 3|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- Baiame Consulting
- Bank of Canada
- Brookfield Renewable
- Canada Border Services Agency
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce Hong Kong
- Canadian Commercial Corporation
- Electronic Arts Inc.
- Global Affairs Canada
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- National Defence
- University of Ottawa
Examples of tasks at work
- Analytic research, gathering and distribution of key information
- Assisting with the organization of international exhibits
- Creating corporate profiles at the international level
- Data processing
- Developing export and production development strategies
- Financial and economic analysis
- Project management and coordination
- Promotional strategies for international investing
- Writing reports and presentations
How to apply
Two easy ways to apply :
1 - Reserved placement
When applying for regular admission to the University, you can also apply for direct admission to any CO-OP program except Biomedical Science, Translation and graduate-level programs. The average mark required to be eligible for direct admission into CO-OP is
- 80% or higher for students admitted in first year.
- 75% or higher for applicants who have completed at least two years of CEGEP.
To keep your reserved placement in CO-OP, you must obtain a cumulative grade point average of at least 8.0 and meet the admission requirements of your chosen CO-OP program until you are formally admitted into the Program (September 30 or March 1 of your second year of studies, depending on the program). Otherwise, you will lose your reserved spot in CO-OP and have to compete with regular applicants for admission.
If you apply for direct admission and are not granted a placement, don't worry. You can re-apply during your second year at University (see section 2)
2 - Applying once at the University of Ottawa
You can apply for CO-OP after you have registered at the University of Ottawa. Application deadlines and admission requirements vary from program to program, so be sure to check individual program pages online for specific information.
Steps to follow in order to apply from the University via uoZone:
- Connect to uoZone.
- From the Applications menu, click on CO-OP Navigator.
If you have any questions about your application, please contact our office by phone at 613 562-5741 or by e-mail at coop@uOttawa.ca.
Application Deadline: September 30 of your second year of studies