Information Studies (MIS)
- Be registered full-time in the MIS program
- Have and maintain a minimum CGPA of 7.0 (B+ or 75%) in courses taken at the University of Ottawa
- Remain a full-time student throughout the entire CO-OP sequence
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an international student (authorization or diplomat)
- Pay the required CO-OP fees (see below).
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Justice Canada
- Library and Archives Canada
- Library of Parliament
- New Brunswick Public Library Service
- Office of the Auditor General of Canada
- Public Safety Canada
- Statistics Canada
- Université du Québec en Outaouais
- University of Ottawa
Work term reports guidelines
You must submit your work term report through the CO-OP Navigator. The “Work Term Report” link can be found next to your work term, under the “My Evaluations” tab. The system will allow you to change or submit your report right up until the deadline for submission, and professors will be able to submit their comments and attach a corrected copy of your report online as well.
You must include a cover letter or letter of transmittal along with your CO-OP work-term report in one PDF file.
For confidential Work-Term Reports, please make sure to submit your cover letter or letter of transmittal through the CO-OP Navigator by the deadline for submission.