Information Studies (MIS)
- Be registered full-time in the Master of Information Studies (bilingual) program
- Have an admission average of (B+ or 75%) and maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 7.0 (B+ or 75%) in courses taken at the University of Ottawa
- Start the program in the fall term (this is necessary due to CO-OP placement cycles)
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- Library and Archives Canada
- Library of Parliament
- Supreme Court of Canada
Work term reports guidelines
You must submit your work term report through the CO-OP Navigator. The “Work Term Report” link can be found next to your work term, under the “My Evaluations” tab. The system will allow you to change or submit your report right up until the deadline for submission, and professors will be able to submit their comments and attach a corrected copy of your report online as well.
You must include a cover letter or letter of transmittal along with your CO-OP work-term report in one PDF file.
For confidential Work-Term Reports, please make sure to submit your cover letter or letter of transmittal through the CO-OP Navigator by the deadline for submission.