- Be registered full-time in the honours bachelor of arts program in either the specialization in History or the major in History
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an international student (authorization or diplomat)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 6
- Have completed 54 credits before your first work term, including a methodology course
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
|4||Work 3||Study||Work 4|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- Atlas Coal Mine National Historic Site
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Canada Science and Technology Museum
- Correctional Service Canada
- Indigenous Services Canada
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- International Joint Commission
- Joan Holmes & Associates Inc.
- National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces
- Natural Resources Canada
- Parks Canada
- Parliament of Canada
- Privy Council Office
- Public Safety Canada
- Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Transport Canada
- UTC Aerospace Systems
Examples of tasks at work
- Analyzing documents and policies
- Archiving documents, reports and other materials
- Conducting research
- Improving and copyediting documents
- Preparing presentations
- Providing context for macro- and micro-historical issues
- Researching concrete historical data to support position statements
- Writing reports clearly and concisely
Work term reports guidelines
You must submit your work term report through the CO-OP Navigator. The “Work Term Report” link can be found next to your work term, under the “My Evaluations” tab. The system will allow you to change or submit your report right up until the deadline for submission, and professors will be able to submit their comments and attach a corrected copy of your report online as well.
You must include a cover letter or letter of transmittal along with your CO-OP work-term report in one PDF file.
For confidential Work-Term Reports, please make sure to submit your cover letter or letter of transmittal through the CO-OP Navigator by the deadline for submission.
- Professor: Heather Murray