- Be registered full-time in the Honours BA in Geography program or the Honours with Major in Geography
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 6 in courses taken at the University of Ottawa
- Have completed all your first-year course requirements, and be registered in your mandatory second-year fall and winter courses
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
|4||Work 3||Study||Work 4|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
- City of Ottawa
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- International Joint Commission
- National Capital Commission
- Natural Resources Canada
- Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Statistics Canada
- Transport Canada
- University of Ottawa
Examples of tasks at work
- Computer-assisted cartography
- Environmental geography
- Geographic information systems (GIS)
- Remote sensing and aerial photo analysis
- Rural and regional planning
- Soil use and resource optimization
- Spatial analysis
- Urban and economic geography
Work term reports guidelines
You must submit your work term report through the CO-OP Navigator. The “Work Term Report” link can be found next to your work term, under the “My Evaluations” tab. The system will allow you to change or submit your report right up until the deadline for submission, and professors will be able to submit their comments and attach a corrected copy of your report online as well.
You must include a cover letter or letter of transmittal along with your CO-OP work-term report in one PDF file.
For confidential Work-Term Reports, please make sure to submit your cover letter or letter of transmittal through the CO-OP Navigator by the deadline for submission.
- Professor: André Viau