- Be registered full-time in the honours bachelor of arts program in either the specialization in environmental studies or the major in environmental studies
- Have a minimum CGPA of 6
- Have completed all course requirements up to and including the fall term of second year (and 60 credits in compulsory courses by the end of second year)
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an international student (authorization or diplomat)
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
|4||Work 3||Study||Work 4|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- Canadian Institute for Health Information
- City of Ottawa
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- GDG Environment Ltée
- Health Canada
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- National Capital Commission
- National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces
- Natural Resources Canada
- Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Statistics Canada
- Transport Canada
- University of Ottawa
Examples of tasks at work
- Environmental audits
- Environmental communication
- Environmental landscape design
- Environmental site assessment
- Land use planning
- Permits, bylaws and environmental standards
- Public policy on the environment
- Risk analysis
- Socio-environmental relations
- Waste and solid waste management
Work term reports guidelines
You must submit your work term report through the CO-OP Navigator. The “Work Term Report” link can be found next to your work term, under the “My Evaluations” tab. The system will allow you to change or submit your report right up until the deadline for submission, and professors will be able to submit their comments and attach a corrected copy of your report online as well.
You must include a cover letter or letter of transmittal along with your CO-OP work-term report in one PDF file.
For confidential Work-Term Reports, please make sure to submit your cover letter or letter of transmittal through the CO-OP Navigator by the deadline for submission.
- Professor: Anders Knudby