Electrical and Computer Engineering (MEng)
- Be registered full-time in the Master of Engineering in Electrical and Computer Engineering (MEng)
- Have an admission average of (B+ or 75%) and maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 7.0 (B+ or 75%) in courses taken at the University of Ottawa
- Pay the required CO-OP fees (see below).
- Start the program in the fall term (this is necessary due to CO-OP placement cycles)
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- [List to come]
Examples of tasks at work
- Computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD-CAM)
- Equipment operation and maintenance
- Manufacturing techniques and processes
- Modelling and simulation
- Oral presentations
- Problem solving, analysis and design
- Project management
- Statistical analysis
- Technical writing
- Troubleshooting and analysis of electrical and electronic circuits
Work term reports guidelines
- To come