Economics and Political Science
- Be registered full-time in the Joint Honours BSocSc in Economics and Political Science program
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 6 in courses taken at the University of Ottawa
- Have completed all your first-year course requirements, and be registered in your mandatory second-year fall and winter courses
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
|4||Work 3||Study||Work 4|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Bank of Canada
- CARE Canada
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)
- Centre for the Study of Living Standards
- Competition Bureau
- Department of Finance Canada
- Encon Group Inc.
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Export Development Canada
- Global Affairs Canada
- Human Resources and Social Development Canada
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Statistics Canada
- TD Bank Group
- University of Ottawa
Examples of tasks at work
- Analyzing domestic and international policy
- Assessing policy positions and strategies
- Decoding economic funding formulas
- Doing statistical, cost-benefit and trend analyses
- Drafting correspondence
- Planning and applying economic research
- Preparing economic forecasts
- Research reports
- Strategic research
Work term reports guidelines
You must submit your work term report through the CO-OP Navigator. The “Work Term Report” link can be found next to your work term, under the “My Evaluations” tab. The system will allow you to change or submit your report right up until the deadline for submission, and professors will be able to submit their comments and attach a corrected copy of your report online as well.
You must include a cover letter or letter of transmittal along with your CO-OP work-term report in one PDF file.
For confidential Work-Term Reports, please make sure to submit your cover letter or letter of transmittal through the CO-OP Navigator by the deadline for submission.