Computer Science (MCS)
- Be registered full-time in the Master of Computer Science program
- Have an admission average of (B+ or 75%) and maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 7.0 (B+ or 75%) in courses taken at the University of Ottawa
- Start the program in the fall term (this is necessary due to CO-OP placement cycles)
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- CIENA Corporation
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Electronic Arts Inc.
- Entrust Datacard
- Ericsson Canada Inc.
- Ford Motor Company of Canada
- Honeywell Ltd.
- House of Commons
- IBM Canada Ltd.
- Mitel Networks Corporation
- Morgan Stanley
- National Research Council Canada
- RBC Royal Bank
- Slice Labs Inc.
- Thomas Reuters
- TripAdvisor Media Group
- Wind River Systems
Examples of tasks at work
- Conduct project analyses and project management
- Design basic programs and extensions to existing programs
- Help design and implement software modules for a whole range of applications related to databases, networking, telecommunication, business intelligence, embedded systems, mathematical and statistical analysis, etc.;
- Plan and execute test suites
- Write program codes in the most commonly used languages, including C, C++, Java, Prolog, Assembler, Perl and fourth-generation languages
- Write quality software documentation and manuals
Work term reports guidelines
You must submit your work term report through the CO-OP Navigator. The “Work Term Report” link can be found next to your work term, under the “My Evaluations” tab. The system will allow you to change or submit your report right up until the deadline for submission, and professors will be able to submit their comments and attach a corrected copy of your report online as well.
You must include a cover letter or letter of transmittal along with your CO-OP work-term report in one PDF file.
For confidential Work-Term Reports, please make sure to submit your cover letter or letter of transmittal through the CO-OP Navigator by the deadline for submission.