- Be registered full-time in the honours bachelor of arts program in either the specialization in Communication or the major in Communication
- Have a minimum CGPA of 6
- Have completed at least 54 credits before your first work term
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an international student (authorization or diplomat)
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
|4||Work 3||Study||Work 4|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- BRP (Bombardier Recreational Products)
- Bruyere Continuing Care
- CAE Inc.
- Canada School of Public Service
- Canadian Blood Services
- Canadian Heritage
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Global Affairs Canada
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- Invest Ottawa
- MD Financial Management
- Montfort Hospital
- National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces
- Natural Resources Canada
- Pet Indusrty Joint Advisory Council of Canada (PIJAC)
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Sun Life Canada
- University of Ottawa
Examples of tasks at work
- Analyzing media coverage
- Designing, realizing and implementing communication and public relations campaigns
- Designing promotional materials for the media and the public
- Designing public opinion surveys
- Designing web pages
- Drafting articles and backgrounders
- Event promotions
- Helping to create scripts for radio and television
- Organizing conferences and special events
- Writing strategic communication plans
Work term reports guidelines
You must submit your work term report through the CO-OP Navigator. The “Work Term Report” link can be found next to your work term, under the “My Evaluations” tab. The system will allow you to change or submit your report right up until the deadline for submission, and professors will be able to submit their comments and attach a corrected copy of your report online as well.
You must include a cover letter or letter of transmittal along with your CO-OP work-term report in one PDF file.
For confidential Work-Term Reports, please make sure to submit your cover letter or letter of transmittal through the CO-OP Navigator by the deadline for submission.
- Professor: Izabel Barsive