- Be registered full-time in the Master of Communication (MC) by coursework
- Have and maintain a minimum CGPA of 7.0 (B+ or 75%)
- Start the program in the fall term (this is necessary due to CO-OP placement cycles)
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an international student (authorization or diplomat)
- Pay the required CO-OP fees (see below).
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- Canada School of Public Service
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Health Canada
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- Public Services and Procurement Canada
- University of Ottawa
Examples of tasks at work
- Assessment of crisis communication strategies
- Communication strategy needs analysis (internal/external)
- Design, preparation and implementation of communication plans (internal, crisis, strategic, event-based, etc.)
- Development and/or assessment of a promotional campaign (in health or other areas)
- Development and/or assessment of media strategies (social media use)
- Development of organizational communication training
- Internal communication needs analysis
Work term reports guidelines
You must submit your work term report through the CO-OP Navigator. The “Work Term Report” link can be found next to your work term, under the “My Evaluations” tab. The system will allow you to change or submit your report right up until the deadline for submission, and professors will be able to submit their comments and attach a corrected copy of your report online as well.
You must include a cover letter or letter of transmittal along with your CO-OP work-term report in one PDF file.
For confidential Work-Term Reports, please make sure to submit your cover letter or letter of transmittal through the CO-OP Navigator by the deadline for submission.