Civil Law (offered in French only)
- Be registered full-time in the Licence en droit (LL.L.) program
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 6 in courses taken at the University of Ottawa
- Have completed all your first-year course requirements, and be registered in your mandatory second-year fall and winter courses
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
|3||Work 2||Study||Work 3|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- Association des juristes d'expression française de l'Ontario
- Canada Agricultural Review Tribunal
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Clinique de droit notarial de l’Université d’Ottawa
- Commission des droits de la personne et des droits de la jeunesse
- Competition Bureau
- Fasken Martineau DuMoulin s.r.l.
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Justice Canada
- Lavery Lawyers
- Mile-End Legal Clinic
- Ministère des Transports du Québec
- Norton Rose Fulbright
- Stikeman Elliott LLP
Examples of tasks at work
- File preparation and analysis
- Helping to organize conferences and events
- Preparation of final notices
- Writing of legal arguments, memoranda and legal opinions
Work term reports guidelines
You must submit your work term report through the CO-OP Navigator. The “Work Term Report” link can be found next to your work term, under the “My Evaluations” tab. The system will allow you to change or submit your report right up until the deadline for submission, and professors will be able to submit their comments and attach a corrected copy of your report online as well.
You must include a cover letter or letter of transmittal along with your CO-OP work-term report in one PDF file.
For confidential Work-Term Reports, please make sure to submit your cover letter or letter of transmittal through the CO-OP Navigator by the deadline for submission.