- Be registered full-time in the honours bachelor of science program in either the specialization in Chemistry or the major in in chemistry
- Have a minimum CGPA of 6
- Have completed all core courses and a minimum 40 CHM credits by the end of the fall term of third year with a GPA of 7 in those credits
- (with the department´s permission you may replace up to six of the above credits with 2000, 3000 or 4000 level credits from other science or engineering departments)
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an international student (authorization or diplomat)
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
|4||Work 2||Study||Work 3|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- Abbott Point-of-Care
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Canada Border Services Agency
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- GDG Environment Ltée
- Health Canada
- Lallemand Inc.
- Monsato Canada Inc.
- National Defence
- National Research Council Canada
- Natural Resources Canada
- Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
- Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre
- Spartan Bioscience Inc.
- Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1
- Université de Lyon
- Université de Montréal
- University of Ottawa
- University of Ottawa Heart Institute
- VBI Vaccines
Examples of tasks at work
- Identification of chemical compounds
- Synthesis and separation of chemical compounds
- Using various techniques including chromatography and spectroscopy
Work term reports guidelines
You must submit your work term report through the CO-OP Navigator. The “Work Term Report” link can be found next to your work term, under the “My Evaluations” tab. The system will allow you to change or submit your report right up until the deadline for submission, and professors will be able to submit their comments and attach a corrected copy of your report online as well.
You must include a cover letter or letter of transmittal along with your CO-OP work-term report in one PDF file.
For confidential Work-Term Reports, please make sure to submit your cover letter or letter of transmittal through the CO-OP Navigator by the deadline for submission.