Biomedical Mechanical Engineering
- Be registered full-time in the BASc in Biomedical Mechanical Engineering program
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 6 in courses taken at the University of Ottawa
- Have completed all your first-year course requirements, and be registered in your mandatory second-year fall and winter courses
- Obtain a minimum mark of D+ in ENG 1112
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
All students follow this sequence:
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
|3||Study||Work 2||Work 3|
|4||Work 4||Study||Work 5|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- Abbott Point-of-Care
- Epocal Inc.
- Health Canada
- Ottawa Hospital
- The Rehabilitation Centre
- University of Ottawa
- University of Ottawa Heart Institute
Examples of tasks at work
- Computer-aided design (CAD)
- Manufacturing techniques
- Preliminary design calculations
- Project management
- Technical calculations (elementary analysis of resistance, energy balance)
- Writing technical reports
Work term reports guidelines
You must submit your work term report through the CO-OP Navigator. The “Work Term Report” link can be found next to your work term, under the “My Evaluations” tab. The system will allow you to change or submit your report right up until the deadline for submission, and professors will be able to submit their comments and attach a corrected copy of your report online as well.
You must include a cover letter or letter of transmittal along with your CO-OP work-term report in one PDF file.