An investment that works
By hiring a CO-OP student from the University of Ottawa, you invest in a winning combination! You get a motivated and enthusiastic employee while giving a student the chance to put his or her academic training to the test. The University of Ottawa is the place to recruit CO-OP students!
Only the top students are admitted to the program. Each one has achieved a cumulative grade point average of at least 7 out of 10 (a B+ average). Students begin their first work term after one complete year of study giving them a strong academic background to help them succeed on the job. You may choose French-speaking, English-speaking or bilingual students. The sequence of work and study terms is shown below.
Skills that are in demand
Our students have developed cultural sensitivity and understanding, along with analytical skills. They can understand the relations between cultures that globalization has made a common feature of both Canadian society and our dealings with other countries. Before beginning their first placements, CO-OP students in anthropology have successfully made their way through a program enabling them to:
- Understand the cultural and social dynamics running through contemporary societies
- Acquire the skills to conduct and analyze interviews
- Develop the ability to conduct field research designed to gain an understanding of a specific community
- Understand the intercultural dynamics affecting politics and economics
- Understand the cultural dimensions of health and the body
This training enables interns to integrate quickly into your workplace and, in little time, become productive members of your team.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
Examples of tasks at work
- Detailed studies on different societies
- Ethnographic research
- Field research report writing
- Research and development of solutions to social problems
- Studies of communities with particular cultural characteristics