- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an international student (authorization or diplomat)
- Be registration full-time in the BA Honours with Specialization in Translation
- Minimum of C+ in TRA 2313, TRA 2314, TRA 2788, TRA 2789 and TRA 2988
- Obtain a minimum grade of B in the translation courses into the dominant language (TRA 2110 and TRA 2112)
- Obtain a minimum grade point average of 6.0 (B)
- Recommendation by the undergraduate committee of the STI (granted after application is evaluated)
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
|4||Work 2||Study||Work 3|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- ALLTRADIS - Traduction & Interprétation de Conférence
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Canadian Blood Services
- Canadian Institute for Health Information
- MD Financial Management
- Office of the Auditor General of Canada
- Public Safety Canada
- Revenue Québec
- Ricoh Canada
- Statistics Canada
- Thinkwrap Commerce
- Translation Bureau
- University of Ottawa
- Wohanka, Obermaier und Kollegen
Examples of tasks at work
- Terminological research
- Translation of general interest texts
- Translation revision
- Writing of specialized and technical texts
Work term reports guidelines
Starting from the Winter 2016 work term, you must submit your work term report through the CO-OP Navigator. You no longer need to print out your report and your evaluations and submit them to the CO-OP Office in person: you will now be able to do everything online.
The “Work Term Report” link can be found next to your work term, under the “My Evaluations” tab. The system will allow you to change or submit your report right up until the deadline for submission, and professors will be able to submit their comments and attach a corrected copy of your report online as well.
Requirements for 2015-2016
You must include a cover letter or letter of transmittal along with your CO-OP work-term report in one PDF file.