Political Science and History
- Be registered full-time in the joint honours bachelor of Social Science degree in Political Science & History
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an international student (authorization or diplomat)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 6
- Have completed all course requirements up to and including the fall term of second year
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
|4||Work 3||Study||Work 4|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Global Affairs Canada
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Public Services and Procurement Canada
- University of Ottawa
Examples of tasks at work
- Analyzing documents and policy
- Archiving documents, reports and other materials
- Improving and copyediting documents
- Preparing presentations
- Providing context for macro- and micro-historical issues
- Researching concrete historical data to support position statements
- Research reports
- Strategic research
- Writing reports clearly and concisely, drafting correspondence
Work term reports guidelines
You must submit your work term report through the CO-OP Navigator. The “Work Term Report” link can be found next to your work term, under the “My Evaluations” tab. The system will allow you to change or submit your report right up until the deadline for submission, and professors will be able to submit their comments and attach a corrected copy of your report online as well.
You must include a cover letter or letter of transmittal along with your CO-OP work-term report in one PDF file.