Information Studies (MIS)
- Be registered full-time in the MIS program
- Have and maintain a minimum CGPA of 7.0 (B+ or 75%) in courses taken at the University of Ottawa
- Remain a full-time student throughout the entire CO-OP sequence
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an international student (authorization or diplomat)
- Pay the required CO-OP fees (see below).
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Justice Canada
- Library and Archives Canada
- Library of Parliament
- New Brunswick Public Library Service
- Office of the Auditor General of Canada
- Public Safety Canada
- Statistics Canada
- Université du Québec en Outaouais
- University of Ottawa
Work term reports guidelines
Starting from the Winter 2016 work term, you must submit your work term report through the CO-OP Navigator. You no longer need to print out your report and your evaluations and submit them to the CO-OP Office in person: you will now be able to do everything online.
The “Work Term Report” link can be found next to your work term, under the “My Evaluations” tab. The system will allow you to change or submit your report right up until the deadline for submission, and professors will be able to submit their comments and attach a corrected copy of your report online as well.
Requirements for 2015-2016
You must include a cover letter or letter of transmittal along with your CO-OP work-term report in one PDF file.