An investment that works
By hiring a CO-OP student from the University of Ottawa, you invest in a winning combination! You get a motivated and enthusiastic employee while giving a student the chance to put his or her academic training to the test. The University of Ottawa is the place to recruit CO-OP students!
Only the top students are admitted to the program. Each one has achieved a cumulative grade point average of at least 6 out of 10 (a B average). Students begin their first work term after two complete years of study giving them a strong academic background to help them succeed on the job. Students are available year-round.You may choose French-speaking, English-speaking or bilingual students. The sequence of work and study terms is shown below.
Skills that are in demand
By the time they begin their first work term, CO-OP students in History have successfully completed courses in
- Canadian, European, American, non-Western and 20th century history
- Methodology and historical theory
Students become familiar with the methodological tools and resources in their field. At the same time, they develop their skills in critical research, reading and writing. This training means interns will integrate quickly into your work environment, becoming a productive member of your team in no time.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
|4||Work 3||Study||Work 4|
Examples of tasks at work
- Analyzing documents and policies
- Archiving documents, reports and other materials
- Conducting research
- Improving and copyediting documents
- Preparing presentations
- Providing context for macro- and micro-historical issues
- Researching concrete historical data to support position statements
- Writing reports clearly and concisely