Computer Science (MCS)
- Be registered full-time in the Computer Science (MCS) program
- Have and maintain a minimum CGPA of 7.0 (B+ or 75%) in courses taken at the University of Ottawa
- Start the program in the fall term (this is necessary due to CO-OP placement cycles)
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an international student (authorization or diplomat)
- Pay the required CO-OP fees (see below).
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- CIENA Corporation
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Entrust Datacard
- Ericsson Canada Inc.
- Ford Canada
- House of Commons
- IBM Canada Ltd.
- Mitel Networks Corporation
- NorthStar Utilities Solutions
- Optimal Payments Inc.
Examples of tasks at work
- Conduct project analyses and project management
- Design basic programs and extensions to existing programs
- Help design and implement software modules for a whole range of applications related to databases, networking, telecommunication, business intelligence, embedded systems, mathematical and statistical analysis, etc.;
- Plan and execute test suites
- Write program codes in the most commonly used languages, including C, C++, Java, Prolog, Assembler, Perl and fourth-generation languages
- Write quality software documentation and manuals
How to apply
Apply to CO-OP after you've started your studies at uOttawa. You must have an admission average of 75% (B+) or higher.
Steps to follow in order to apply from the University via UoZone:
- From the Applications menu, click on CO-OP Navigator
Application Deadline: September 30 of your first year of studies