Communication and Political Science
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an international student (authorization or diplomat)
- Be registered full-time in the joint honours bachelor of arts program in Communication and Political Science
- Have a minimum CGPA of 6
- Have completed at least 54 credits before your first work term
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
|4||Work 3||Study||Work 4|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- ALLTRADIS - Traduction & Interprétation de Conférence
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Alcatel-Lucent Canada Inc.
- BRP (Bombardier Recreational Products)
- CAE Inc.
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Canada School of Public Service
- Canadian Blood Services
- Canadian Heritage
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- Invest Ottawa
- L’Oréal Canada
- MD Financial Management
- Montfort Hospital
- National Capital Commission
- National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces
- Natural Resources Canada
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Regroupement des gens d’affaires de la Capitale nationale Inc.
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Sun Life Canada
- The Brandman Agency
- University of Ottawa
Examples of tasks at work
- Analyzing media coverage
- Designing, realizing and implementing communication and public relations campaigns
- Designing promotional materials for the media and the public
- Designing public opinion surveys
- Designing web pages
- Drafting articles and backgrounders
- Organizing conferences and special events
- Research reports
- Speechwriting and drafting correspondence
- Strategic research
- Writing strategic communication plans
Work term reports guidelines
You must submit your work term report through the CO-OP Navigator. The “Work Term Report” link can be found next to your work term, under the “My Evaluations” tab. The system will allow you to change or submit your report right up until the deadline for submission, and professors will be able to submit their comments and attach a corrected copy of your report online as well.
You must include a cover letter or letter of transmittal along with your CO-OP work-term report in one PDF file.