- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an international student (authorization or diplomat)
- Be registered full-time in the honours bachelor of science program in either the specialization in Chemistry or the major in in chemistry
- Have a minimum CGPA of 6
- Have completed all core courses and a minimum 40 CHM credits by the end of the fall term of third year with a GPA of 7 in those credits
- (with the department´s permission you may replace up to six of the above credits with 2000, 3000 or 4000 level credits from other science or engineering departments)
CO-OP programs have limited enrolment. Meeting the admission criteria does not guarantee you a place. Admission is based on your CGPA. We admit those with the highest CGPA first.
Sequence 1 - all students follow this sequence
|Year of Study||Fall||Winter||Summer|
|4||Work 2||Study||Work 3|
As a CO-OP student, you also pay CO-OP fees (announced every year by the Registrar) for the session before your first work term and then for every work term, up to and including your last one.
Some of our employers include
- Abbott Point-of-Care
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Apotex Inc.
- Canada Border Security Agency (BSA)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Cedarlane Corporation
- Center for Addiction and Mental Health
- Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- CropLife Canada
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- GDG Environment Ltée
- Health Canada
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Iogen Corporation
- Kurgan State Agricultural Academy
- Lallemand Inc.
- Lancaster Universirty
- Monsato Canada Inc.
- National Cheng-Kung University
- National Research Council Canada
- Natural Resources Canada
- Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
- Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre
- PDCI Market Access
- Parks Canada
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Sanofi Pasteur Limited
- Spartan Bioscience Inc.
- Trillium Health Care Products HCP
- Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1
- Université de Lyon
- Université de Montréal
- University of Ottawa
- University of Ottawa Heart Institute
- University of Oxford
- VBI Vaccines
- Valspar Corporation
Examples of tasks at work
- Identification of chemical compounds
- Synthesis and separation of chemical compounds
- Using various techniques including chromatography and spectroscopy
Work term reports guidelines
You must submit your work term report through the CO-OP Navigator. The “Work Term Report” link can be found next to your work term, under the “My Evaluations” tab. The system will allow you to change or submit your report right up until the deadline for submission, and professors will be able to submit their comments and attach a corrected copy of your report online as well.
You must include a cover letter or letter of transmittal along with your CO-OP work-term report in one PDF file.